A solenoid valve is an electrically controlled valve.
The valve features a solenoid, which is an electric coil with a movable ferromagnetic core (plunger) in its center.
When electrically energized or de-energized, they either shut off or allow fluid flow.
Solenoid valves are used wherever fluid flow has to be controlled automatically.
- Multi-million cycle life reliability. The innovative design and all composite construction means the V-Solenoid II™ is not affected by wear or corrosion
- Set 5/2 or 3/2 function simply by turning the rotary sealing plate 180°, dramatically reducing parts inventory
- High airflow: Cv > 1.1 (1100 L/min) (I-Safe Cv=0.8)
- Manual override built in – no extra parts required
- Operating temperature range: -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
- For extreme environmental corrosion protection, all port threaded inserts and armature components can be supplied in stainless steel
- Direct mounting conforms to Namur VDI/VDE 3845 standard
- Exhaust feedback – provides spring chamber with instrument air preventing corrosion
- Very competitively priced with a wide variety of available options
PATENTED POPPET VALVE DESIGN
- Unique patented poppet valve technology provides high flow, fast response, high temperature range and multi-million cycle life reliability
- Patented poppet valve design minimizes friction by utilizing dual static rolling diaphragmpoppet seals
- Advantage of this design is its suitability for cryogenic environments. Wide operating temperature range -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C)
PATENTED ROTARY SEALING PLATE
- By turning the patented rotary sealing plate 180° the operating mode can be easily changed from 5/2 to 3/2 function
- The V-Solenoid II can to be used on both double acting and single acting actuators
- Many competitors’ solenoid valves either work 5/2 or 3/2 function requiring stocking for both solenoid valves