Flange wafer type V segment ball valve – metal seated
Segment ball salves are also known as V-port ball valves.
The ball valve core is designed with a special V shape notch.
This contributes to strong shear force and precise flow control.
Common are wafer type segmented ball valves and flanged type segmented ball valves.
Flanged ball valves provide effective control of oil and gas operations.
Their characteristic feature is the flanged ends that are bolted to the oil and gas piping.
A wafer-type ball valve is defined as a flangeless design.
Wafer-type ball valves feature a hinged, flap-like disk (the wafer) that is used to allow and restrict liquid flow.
In general, metal seats incorporate a metal-to-metal seal between the seats and ball of the valve assembly
In general practice, metal seats can stand up to extreme flashing, hydraulic shock, abrasive process fluid, and high temperatures.
They are also ideal for high erosion or corrosion applications
KHD-SG BALL VALVE – ISO direct-mount / ISO regular-mount
A direct mounting flange according to ISO 5211 is standard for these ball valves.
This feature allows an actuator to be mounted without the need for a mounting bracket and drive adapter.
This results in a significant cost reduction, a compact automated unit, and a higher level of safety for operators.
The ISO regular-mounting pad accepts direct mounting of pneumatic and electric actuators.
ISO 5211 is a European standard that specifies requirements for the attachment of part-turn actuators, with or without gearboxes, to industrial valves.
- V-notch provides equal percentage flow control
- Uni-body prevents external leakage
- Durable metal seat
- Soft seat TFM1600 where metal seat is unsuitable
- Live loaded packing
- Protected peek bearing
- ISO 5211 Direct-Mounting for easy automation
- Extremely low actuator torque
- Reduced bore quarter-turn valve
- ANSI class 600 pressure rating
- Stainless steel, carbon steel, alloy materials available
- -4°F ~ 536°F (-20°C ~ 280°C) for metal seat
- Face to Face acc. to ISA-S75.04 short version
- Inspection acc. to API 598 or EN12266-1 where applicable
- Tightness test acc. to ANSI/FCI 70.2 class IV for metal seat