2-piece flanged ball valves – metal seated
Two-piece ball valves are among the most commonly used ball valves.
As the name implies, a two-piece ball valve consists of two pieces, one with an end connection and the body.
The second piece fits into the first, holds the trim in place, and houses the second end connection.
Flanged ball valves provide effective control of oil and gas operations.
Their characteristic feature is the flanged ends that are bolted to the oil and gas piping.
In general, metal seats incorporate a metal-to-metal seal between the seats and ball of the valve assembly.
In general practice, metal seats can stand up to extreme flashing, hydraulic shock, abrasive process fluid, and high temperatures.
They are also ideal for high erosion or corrosion applications
KHD-MS2D BALL VALVE – Chemical
These valves have a special surface hardening of the ball and seat.
This ensures a longer working life, particularly with abrasive fluid such as slurries and pulp stock.
- Special surface hardening treatment for ball and seat provides long working life, options available to suit high temperature, or abrasive fluid such as slurries and pulp stock.
- Valve ball remains in close and tight contact with spring loaded ball seat for maximum sealing effects
- Machine-lapped ball and seat for tight contact between the two circular surfaces.
- Conforming to ANSI / FCI 70-2 Class V leakage class; Class VI optional.
- Integral twin pattern ISO 5211 direct-mounting pad.
- Design: ASME B16.34
- Face-to-Face: ASME B16.34
- Flange End Dimensions: ASME B16.5, EN 1092-1
- Inspection & test acc. to API598, EN 12266-1