Fire safe 3-piece threaded / butt weld / socket weld ball valve
Three-piece ball valves composed of 3 separate pieces held together by bolts.
A three piece ball valve is preferred wherever regular cleaning is required.
The ball valve ends can remain threaded into the pipe, while the center section can be removed.
A butt weld ball valve contains a butt weld-sized connection for inlet and outlet connection.
The valve with butt welding end connection ensures no accidental leakage.
A socket weld fitting is a pipe attachment used to insert a pipe into a recessed area of a valve, fitting, or flange.
Unlike butt weld fittings, socket weld fittings are mainly used for small pipe diameters.
Threaded ball valves contain internal and external threads to facilitate inlet and outlet connections.
Fire safe ball valves are designed to minimize fugitive emissions and downstream leakage when exposed to high temperatures during fires.
They differ from other industrial ball valves by remaining operable, or at least failing in a predictable manner, when exposed to high temperatures.
KHD-FSB35 BALL VALVE – ISO direct-mount
A direct mounting flange according to ISO 5211 is standard for these ball valves.
This feature allows an actuator to be mounted without the need for a mounting bracket and drive adapter.
This results in a significant cost reduction, a compact automated unit, and a higher level of safety for operators.
- API 607 Fire Test or Soft Seated Quarter Turn Valves
- Canadian Registration Number
- ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU Explosive Prevention
- Low Emmision Certificated TA-Luft 2002, Sec. 220.127.116.11 VDI 2440 2000, Sec. 18.104.22.168
- SIL3 Capable Please inquire
- ASME B16.34, B16.25, B1.20.1
- API 607, API6D, API 598
- ISO 5211, ISO 5209, ISO 228-1, ISO 7-1, ISO 261, ISO 10497
- DIN EN 10204, DIN 259/2999, DIN EN 10226
- MSS SP-25, MSS SP-72
- BS 5351
- -4°F to 392°F (-20°C to 200°C) with cabon filled seat
- -4°F to 350°F (-20°C to 180°C) with RPTFE seat
- -4°F to 350°F (-20°C to 180°C) with PTFE seat
- Standard Series 35 ball valves, can be rated to hold in part of the “Medium Vacuum” range to 52 TORR (mm of Hg) or 52000 microns in temperature ratings from -4°F to 350°F (-20°C to 180°C). Here only PTFE seats and seals are highly recommended for this vacuum service. Please consult with us for a customizing solution.