Packings made from PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) are a mainstay of the mechanical compression packing industry. PTFE is well known for its outstanding resistance to chemical attack, low coefficient of friction and wide temperature tolerance including cryogenic service. This wide flexibility makes PTFE packings a popular choice for those difficult applications where strong solvents, corrosive chemicals and oxidising media require to be sealed. KLINGER have harnessed these properties in our range of PTFE based gland packings to give an enormously wide sealing capability in both valve and pumping applications.
- Virtually resistant to all media including strong acids and alkalis
- Manufactured from PTFE filaments added with a PTFE lubricant
- Braiding process ensures a firm but flexible product of consistent density
- Outstanding chemical resistance
- WRc approved (some references)