Fire safe 1-piece wafer ball valve
One-piece ball valves are made out of one body piece.
This means that the valve cannot be disassembled for cleaning.
However, there is a low risk of leakage because there are no body joints.
The advantage is that the valve will be low cost and robust.
A wafer-type ball valve is defined as a flangeless design.
Wafer-type ball valves feature a hinged, flap-like disk (the wafer) that is used to allow and restrict liquid flow
Fire safe ball valves are designed to minimize fugitive emissions and downstream leakage when exposed to high temperatures during fires.
They differ from other industrial ball valves by remaining operable, or at least failing in a predictable manner, when exposed to high temperatures.
KHD-FSB1D BALL VALVE – ISO direct-mount
A direct mounting flange according to ISO 5211 is standard for these ball valves.
This feature allows an actuator to be mounted without the need for a mounting bracket and drive adapter.
This results in a significant cost reduction, a compact automated unit, and a higher level of safety for operators.
- API 607 Fire Test or Soft Seated Quarter Turn Valves
- Canadian Registration Number
- ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU Explosive Prevention
- SIL3 Capable Please inquire
- Direct-mounting of actuator to valves, low cost and easy automation.
- Integral twin pattern ISO 5211 mounting pad for double & spring return actuator.
- Square stem can be with direct mount without bracket /adaptor.
- Designed to be fire-safe to minimize both external and internal fluid leakage after plant fires.
- Metal-to-metal Fire-safe secondary seat design.
- Self-adjusting stem packing assembly with Belleville spring for temperature fluctuations, vibration, and is secured.
- Bottom entry blow-out proof Stem design provides maximum Safety.
- Wide range of seat & seal materials is available.
- Investment cast body construction.
- DIN EN10204-3.1 Certificate is Available
- Valve body and retainer connections are high quality investment cast. Heat treatments of different material are available for highest quality: stainless steel with annealing, and carbon steel with normalization. Series FSB 1D ball valves are factory tested and inspected according API 598 standards. For fire-safe certification, Series FSB 1D have been tested and approved for API 607 5th Edition Fire-Safe Test
- -4°F to 350°F (-20°C to 180°C) with PTFE seat
- -4°F to 350°F (-20°C to 180°C) with RPTFE 15% seat